Champion Cheerleader



The Xterra Games have been in town again. My position was to cheer on the runners and make sure that they took the correct path at the mid point of the run. After all they had already completed the one mile swim, an eighteen mile bike ride and a half of the 10k run and probably needed a bit of encouragement. I wouldn't have been able to do even one portion of the event with the cold water, the long distances and the steep terrain, but I could be a cheerleader for those who chose to push their bodies with torture and I could help guide them to the right route.

In our Christian walk we too need encouragement. It's easy to get weary and worn out when working for the Lord. I am so glad that God has given me friends and family to be my cheerleaders. They provide positive words when needed, they pray for me, they guide me and they even scold me and let me know that I should be taking care of myself and not just taking care of others.


Everyone needs a least one person who will be on the sideline rooting for them when they are doing well on the journey of life, but equally as important are the people who will let us know when we are on the wrong path and help show us the correct path and even walk with us on it. 

Do you have that type of friend? Are you that type of friend? If not, what will you do about it?


Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!