Stolen



How in the world did he think he could keep it a secret from me? My husband had stolen my prized possession and thought I wouldn't notice.

My Bible was falling apart at the seams because of the daily use, so when I couldn't find it on Monday morning I guessed that I had left it in the car after church. A search ensued  to the car, the laundry room, then my bedside table, my desk, even under the bed, but it was nowhere to be found. I complained to my husband that I must have left my Bible somewhere. His response was silence, until I continued questioning aloud where it could be. It was then that he just couldn't stand to see me fretting over it any longer and confessed that he had absconded with it.

How could he take it without even asking me? I might need it for a talk or for a blog or just for my quiet time, but his thoughtfulness was abounding. He knew it was falling apart and was having it rebound as a gift.

Since my Bible is so important to me, I want to instill it in my grand children, so on my last visit to Houston to visit I determined that it was time to give Will his first adult Bible. He has had many children's versions, but he is hungry to learn and desires to know more about God. This is what I wrote in the front cover:

To Will Murphy
This is the most important gift Olgie and Grumps will ever give you, because it will last you through a lifetime. It will tell you everything God wants you to know as long as you open it, read it and allow God to speak to your heart through it.

The words in this Bible will bring you peace, comfort, encouragement, joy and wisdom. My prayer is that you become the man that has planned for you to become and that He use you for His good and His glory.

We love you more than you can ever imagine!

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17


www.hearthope.org

Comments

Christy said…
Ok, had to reach for the kleenex on this one for doubly duty - Tommy's display of his love for you and your display of your love for Will - how blessed he is to have such faith-filled grandparents as role models.

:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!