Sit 'n Spin


I have always been enamored with the Sit ‘n Spin toy. I have wondered why every child loves them and will fight for a turn on the circular base turning the wheel for lots of fun and laughter. 

Since the toy not around when I was a child, I never got to experience the swirling and whirling entertainment. So recently when my grandchildren and our neighbors were having fun on it, I thought why just stand on the sidelines watching…just try it. You probably all know that the suggested age for the Sit ‘n Spin toy is from 18 months to 5 years and I am a bit past that stage of life, but who cares. 

I shooed all of the kids out of my way and sat down on the toy, but when I tried to turn the wheel, it didn’t move, so I just pushed myself around using my hands against the floor. It was an entertaining sight for the kids who were howling and probably thought I was crazy, but I can say that I did it while probably not too many people my age can say that they have ridden on a Sit ‘n Spin.

It was a highly inappropriate thing for a grown woman to do, but don’t we do things like that all of the time. I’m not talking about riding on toys, but as Christians we act in immature ways all of the time. When we have been a Christian for any length of time we should have moved beyond our sinful ways, we shouldn’t have to be taught the simple facts of our faith over and over again, instead we should act grown up and mature. I’m not saying that we shouldn’t be having fun, but that we should be mature in the way we talk, in the way we act, in the way we treat others, in the places we go, in the way we live.

Will you get off of the Sit ‘n Spin in your Christian life and show that you are grown up? There are lots of fun things that God wants you to be doing that are much more appropriate for age.

Hebrews 5:11-14 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!