Some Things You Just Know


The envelope arrived written in blue crayon; the one name Olgie scrawled on it.

The only thing inside was a beautifully colored Bible verse.

Molly knew who the letter was supposed to be delivered to and assumed everyone else would too.
 
When I received it there was no question as to who it was from even though there was no signature or return address.

When you know someone so well, no explanation is necessary.

When I go to God in prayer, worship or even in solitude I don't have to tell Him who I am and explain why I'm there; He already knows. And I don't have to guess if He will listen to me because I already know He will.

When you know someone, care about them and love them things are different than with someone that you know casually or is only an acquaintance.

When I thanked Molly for the lovely picture, she didn't ask me how I knew it was from her, because I knew where she got the coloring sheet; I knew how artistic she is; I recognized the crayons.
 
Aren’t you glad God knows us so well?
 
Psalm 139:1-3 You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!