Cries of Desperation


Olgie! Olgieee!!!! OLGIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Those were the screams I heard coming from behind the closed door of Thomas’ bedroom just after putting him down. I knew that he was tired and that it was his bedtime. If he had just been crying or fussing or acting like he wasn’t ready for bed, I might have resisted the pleas. But he was calling my name; he wanted me and he sounded desperate. So I went to him to comfort him and let him know that I was there for him. Did I have to do it? Absolutely not. Did I want to do it? Yes, because he is mine and I love him.
I wonder if how we approach God matters to Him. If we go to Him just whining and complaining about things, does that encourage Him to want to listen to us? If we only go to Him asking for things, does He look forward to our time together? But if we go calling His name because of our love for Him, is He pleased to answer our cry? I believe so.
God always loves those of us who belong to Him. He desires to spend time with those who have been adopted into His family, but I do think that our attitudes and the manner of our approach toward Him matters.

Lord help my heart’s attitude to be pleasing to You when I approach You with my cries of desperation.

Psalm 34:17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!