Disaster Averted

 
Oxygen...we must have it to survive. Our bodies were made to breathe in air and extract the oxygen, then release the other parts back into the atmosphere. That's the way a normal body should work, but my friend Molly's doesn't process that way and therefore needs to have straight oxygen shooting into her nose to keep her body oxygenated.
On our recent trip all was going great until Paula noticed her mother's coloring looked a bit pale. The next sign that things might not be right was when Molly declared that she wasn't feeling so well. But the final blow came when she put her head back, closed her eyes and began breathing with a gurgle.
A quick check of the oxygen tank revealed that it had not been turned on that morning and Molly had almost passed out from lack of it.
What could have turned out to be a disastrous situation was quickly rectified by just a few deep breaths of the pure oxygen.
Our spiritual lives can resemble this experience. We need to have the pure Word of God poured into our souls. When we don't turn it on each morning, we get ourselves into trouble. We don't look right or feel right and end up gasping in desperation on the verge of destruction.
Isn't it easier just to begin each day with the rich Word feeding us, and drawing on it all day long?
Psalm119:9-16  How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
    all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes
    as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts
    and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
    I will not neglect your word.


 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!