Now I Know


My seat mate on the late night flight was quite chatty. Usually I will talk for a while and then settle in, but not this time. The entire flight was consumed with conversation. His story was compelling. He was apparently a successful business man and family was important to him.
He had been through the loss of his beloved son and had been on quite a journey to get through the tragedy. As he described the way that he, his wife and family had each dealt with the death, he also shared the goodness of God.

Several years before the death he had helped to start a new church and had grown in his faith. It was a season of preparation.
One of the most profound things my new friend told me was that prior to the death of his son, he would have said that he was a Christian, but now that he has walked the difficult road he said, “Now I know that I am a Christian.”

Have you had an “I know” experience? Let’s hope that it doesn’t take a tragic event for that discovery, but the man said, he is thankful that if he had to go through the death that it made him grow closer to the Lord, closer to the rest of his family and be able to help others going through their losses.
Acts 16:31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved—you and your household."

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!