Granny Gone Wild




My grandmothers were prim, proper and old. My mother, grandmother to my girls too was prim and proper, but not so old. I have determined that I don't want to be prim, proper or old to my grandchildren.

I want them to see me trying new and different things; I want them to think of me as fun, strong and vibrant. That's why I decided to ride the Gold Runner coaster at full throttle, to race as fast as I could on the Alpine SuperSlide and bungee jump with the older kids. While waiting in line watching the bungee jumpers I was given instructions on flips, which was easiest, how many were possible and techniques of when and how to approach them. After strapping on the harness for my turn, I informed the attendant that I intended to try a back flip. He looked a bit skeptical, but encouraged me to go for it. 

Jump...jump....jump...and then I did it, a back flip. I was as surprised as everyone else, so I tried a second one. Success again, however as I was completing that one, I felt something pop in my rib cage and thought to myself that will probably hurt tomorrow (and it did!).

Then the attendant asked if I wanted to go as high as possible and I answered with a resounding yes, so he jumped and released me a couple of times until I was high above the steel beams.

Getting off I was quite proud of myself and was even complimented by other observers and couldn't wait to compare notes with the kids about their experiences.

My new motto as an aging adult has become “I am going to die trying.” In other words I don't want to give up on living because I am afraid of hurting myself. I want to live life to the fullest, but more importantly I want to live my life to bring glory and honor to my heavenly Father and be obedient to His will in my life after all that’s what’s really important.

Jude 24-25 To Him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!