Found: Jesus



Nine year old Will was intrigued when he saw the picture which said, "My daughter found Christ in Afghanistan."

He had taken the words literally and thought that the daughter had found the body of Jesus that had been buried, when indeed it was intended to say that the daughter had found Jesus as her Savior by reading the devotional book while she had been serving our nation in the military.

The perfect teaching time was at hand. I explained the meaning to my grandson and continued the lesson by explaining that things aren't always what it seems or sounds like. Jesus couldn't have been found in the desert because if His body couldn't be found on Easter morning it would never be found. It was in heaven.

The deep theological conversation went on late into the night, but I wouldn't have traded the time for anything in the world. Questions about satan, sin, God, love, death, heaven, dinosaurs. I am inspired by the thoughtful questions that the little boy has. They are much deeper and profound than I would have had at that age.

Lord may the children ask deep and meaningful questions so that they can know You better. And help us, the adults to be prepared to answer them with wisdom, knowledge and courage.

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!