There Is No Finish Line


Spotted at the Rec Center recently was a t-shirt that said, “There is no finish line.” As I completed my workout, I thought about the saying. It was my assumption that it meant that we are not ever to think we are finished because there is always another race or something to accomplish. 

If that is what the wearer meant by it, I am completely on board, however, in life there is a finish line. It might be one that we don’t really want to face, but it is looming never-the-less. The final finish line for all of us in this life is ultimately death. No matter how hard we try to stay young, and fit and healthy, one day this body will turn back to dust. 

The only hope we have beyond death is the certainty of eternal life, but that involves an either/or situation. It means eternal life with our Lord and Savior forever or it means that we are separated from Him for all eternity. The choice is yours. He invites us to be in His family. He has paid the price so that we can be with Him. 

If you have chosen that gift rejoice. If you haven’t there is no better day than today, because we never know when we will reach the finish line of life. I would like for you to be there.

John 5:24 “I tell you the truth, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!