Glorious Day


I am fortunate enough to live in a most glorious place--a place where people travel across the world to vacation and play in my backyard. Today was a blue-sky day with mild spring temperatures where you could do just about anything you wanted from skiing to biking and the weather permitted it all.
Biking was my choice and my leisurely pace was fast enough to get where I was going, but slow enough to enjoy the surroundings.
Apparently, it was not appropriate for an impatient driver. I had heard him screeching through the parking lot as he pulled toward the street, but I continued on for about ten more feet before glancing over my shoulder to turn into our parking garage. The irate driver was on the wrong side of the road passing me by and from what others who watched in amazement said, he was not at all happy with my speed. 
After my initial response, I had to laugh and wonder what possibly could have made him so unhappy that a granny riding her bike could ruin his day. Had someone gotten hurt on the mountain? Probably not. Was he late to work? I don’t think so. Was he selfish and self-centered and wanted his way? Probably so.

We live in a “hurry up” society that has little or no regard or patience for others, instead we want what we want, when we want it.

It seems to me that we could stand a refresher course from the Bible on our attitudes and actions.
Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Lord help me to show kindness when others don’t. Help me to show patience when I don’t understand. And help me to represent You in a positive way to the world that is hurting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!