Don't Judge Me and I Won't Judge You



Don't judge me and I won't judge you. 

The lunch box should have been filled with organic fruits and vegetables, low fat and low salt treats and protein packed, sugar free delicacies, but it wasn't. Instead it was laden with processed junk food--goldfish, pretzels, Nabs, and an oatmeal bar. Not one thing that I would really classify as healthy, but it was the best I could do with the likes and dislikes of the preschooler. 

As I realized that the teacher might be judging me for what was in the lunch, I thought about how often I judge someone for something when they are only trying to do the best they can with the situation, resources or circumstances.

I'm going to try to turn over a new leaf. When I see someone who is "not up to my standards" instead of being critical, I'm going to try to be more understanding, more compassionate and more kindhearted. After all the mother with the dirty young child at the store, may be working full time and short on cash. The gruff old man might be alone in the world and misses his wife of many years. The young couple fighting, might have just found out some devastating news.

Just as I was doing the best I could with the eating habits of a picky child, most people are also trying to do their best.

Lord forgive me for my thoughtless criticisms and judgment of others when I know not what might be going on in their world.

Matthew 7:1-2 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!