Lone Attendee

I was having a moment...one I was not proud of. I was totally self focused and was questioning God about my future. We were in the process of trying to figure out God's will for our lives and in the immediate future where to move.

In reality it was pretty much a pity party and I was the lone attendee. Laying face down with my face smothered in the pillow, I couldn't get my mind to quit the what ifs, if onlys and why's out of my mind, until I was jerked back into reality.


It was as if God asked me, what were you just reading about?


My mind quickly rewound to the Bible study lesson that I had just completed before going to bed. It focused on the prayer of Nehemiah and the names and attributes of God that he knew and loved:


  • Yahweh (LORD)-the personal I AM God. He is the one who was, and is and is to come.
  • God of Heaven-the God who reigns over not just heaven, but also sovereignly rules over this earth
  • Great and awesome God-one that we can be astounded and in awe of. One who is like none other in power, character and wisdom.
  • Hesed-love. His love is perfect, unfailing, loyal love shown in His kindness, care and compassion.
How could I have fallen into my self absorption so quickly after reading about our amazing God?  

So instead of being buried in my pillow, I flipped over to face this awesome God and to ask for His forgiveness. And then began to thank Him for the reminder of who He is so that I could praise Him and let Him know that no matter what I will trust Him and His plans for me whether or not I know or understand them.

Nehemiah 1:5 “Lord, the God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments..."
 

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Christy said…
Thanks for your transparency and sharing from the heart <3 Failing forward with you!!

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!