My "New Best Friend"

While volunteering at the Vail Valley Medical Center this week, I met someone special. You know there are those people that you meet and you like them immediately—this lady was that kind of person. She had been an educator, enjoys biking and loves to sew, therefore, we just clicked. I don’t know where this new friendship will go, but at separate times we both referred to each other as our “new best friend” to other people. I think it is interesting how God puts people in our path and maybe this encounter was just for today, but I believe that it is for another purpose, a long lasting friendship.

Proverbs 14:20 The poor are shunned even by their neighbors, but the rich have many friends.

In the Bible verse, I don’t really think it means that if you have no money or possessions, you will be shunned by those around you and if you do have wealth, you will have many friends. Instead, I think maybe God is trying to tell us that you are poor if you can’t even be friends with your neighbors and you are rich if you are fortunate enough to have good friends. Do you consider yourself wealthy because of the friends God has given you? If not, why not?

Thank you Lord for all of the friends you have given to me.

Hearthope.org

Comments

Unknown said…
You are an easy person to be friends with!!! And I am thankful to be counted among them!

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!