Kitchen Calamities

I have always thought of myself as being pretty good in the kitchen, but after burning myself twice in the last couple of years I am beginning to question my skills. The first time I burned 70% of my hand when making a congealed salad. How hard could that be??? Let me warn you--I put water in the microwave to boil it and after removing it from the oven, poured the Jello directly into the water, which caused volcanic action to occur directly onto my hand, resulting in 3rd degree burns. So, lesson number one is: be careful when heating liquids in the microwave, because it is definitely one of the most painful things that I have ever experienced.

Most recently, while frying bacon, the handle on my Cutco carving fork caught on fire without me knowing it and I picked it up, burning the palm of my hand and a blister formed that was the size of a quarter. So, I guess the second lesson is: don’t pick up a utensil that has caught on fire … or maybe a better lesson would be: just don’t cook bacon.

With both of these events I have been amazed with the miracle of our skin. It can be burned, blistered, and peeled off, with multiple layers damaged, but in only a few days, you can almost see the hand of God knitting the skin back together. It starts with a tiny portion growing back, beginning to cover the open wound and then each day you can see more and more cells forming the new layer of skin. As the largest organ of our body, the skin covers and protects everything in our bodies and in my mind the skin alone proves that there is a Divine Creator, but then when you think about all of the other parts of our body, from the eye to the toenail or the heart to the brain there is no possible way that humans could have evolved from an amoeba. Each one of them is simply too intricate to have just happened.

Thank you God for creating me and forming me just the way You wanted me to be.

Psalm 139:13-14 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!