Lupine Seeds

Wildflowers are a sight to behold no matter where you live. Whether it is the bluebonnets in Texas or the pink buttercups in Mississippi, or the orange poppies in California, it can be breathtaking to look at a field of flowers that God Himself has planted, watered and grown so that everyone can enjoy them. However, I think the wildflowers in Colorado have to be more beautiful than anywhere else. I’m not sure if it is because there are so many different varieties or if it is that I am so excited to see color exploding everywhere after the long cold days of winter. One of my favorite wildflowers is the lupine which may be found in pink, purple, yellow, white and red.

While hiking in the woods, I spotted a purple lupine plant that had finished blooming and had seeds pods hanging from the spike. I took a few of the pods off of the plant, thinking that I would try to grow a few plants from the seeds in my garden. Upon returning home, I laid the pods on my kitchen counter. Tonight while doing the dishes I was startled when the seed literally jumped from the husk and landed about 2 feet away and then was repeated with another one. I started laughing, realizing that the flying seeds were God’s way of spreading the plants across the countryside.

I think Christians are a lot like wildflowers—all beautiful in their own way. They come in many different sizes, shapes and colors. They are found in diverse locations and the needs and requirements may be special for each specific variety. The way that they are planted and grow is even unique with some people staying in the same area their whole life while God casts off to other places like the lupine seeds. Aren’t you glad that God has made us and planted us just perfectly according to His plan? Will you join me in praising Him for it?

Revelation 4:11 "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."

hearthope.org

Comments

Christy said…
That is so funny -- I've never heard of such a thing!

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!