Baddest Messes

On the walking path near my home, I spotted a cute family out for a bike ride. The mother had the baby on the back of her bike and the dad was standing with them on the side of the path. About 10 feet away I saw the reason that they were stopped. Their oldest child had gotten off the bike path and was struggling to get back on. Even though it was just about a 2 inch rise, she was unable or maybe unwilling to do it on her own. In a whining voice, she shouted out, “Daddy…I’m in the baddest spot...will you help me?” When glancing over my shoulder, I saw her beloved daddy hopping off of his bike to come to her rescue.

The scene was a beautiful picture of our Heavenly Father. We get ourselves into a predicament and then we call out to our Abba Father (Daddy) for help. He is ready and willing to help us in His time and in His way, but He wants us to call out to Him.

A friend of mine recently told me that she usually went to God to “fix” her problems when they had turned into a big mess and that she wanted to change her ways and take them to God before they got to the point of desperation. How wise she was in coming to that conclusion; however, the hard part will be to actually do it. Let’s commit to help others learn this strategy by giving gentle reminders to our friends to turn everything over to God before it gets to be a big mess.

Mark 14:36 "Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!