It Just Doesn't Get Any Better Than This...


It just doesn’t get any better than this…a cool evening…a slight breeze…riding my bike…birds chirping…children laughing…the river rushing…bees buzzing…butterflies fluttering…dogs prancing…tall grass swaying…regal flowers strutting their vibrant colors…families walking…friends talking on a park bench…the sun shining brightly one moment only to disappear behind the clouds the next… smells of barbequing and fresh mowed grass… trees glistening in the setting sun…men fishing…bocce balls rolling…but my favorite part had to be when I entered the play area of a group of swallows. There were probably twenty birds that were dipping and diving, sweeping and swaying, following and flitting all around me. It was hard to distinguish if they were so caught up in playing with each other that they didn’t notice me or if they were trying to include me in on their fun. 

As I rode, basking in the beauty of they day it was as if the world seemed to say “Enjoy the moment--be thankful for the little things.” 

I wanted to break out in the old hymn:
Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Life is good no matter what happened in the stock market today.

Psalm 69:30 I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!