He Fits Like a Glove


It was one of those bitter cold mornings that we can experience in Colorado with the car thermometer registering a brisk -7 degrees. As I pulled through the neighborhood on my way to work my hands were freezing as I clutched the icy steering wheel. Rubbing my hands together to warm them up I realized how silly I was--there was a pair of gloves lying on the passenger seat next to me. Why was I suffering when I could have protection from the elements in an instance by placing my hands into the fur lined leather gloves? So that's what I did.


On the way to work I thought how this illustrates our lives. As Christians we have a wonderful resource of protection…God, but how often do we fail to put Him on as we go through life. We often start our day without ever asking God to be a part of it. We don't call upon the greatest power that we have at our fingertips. God desires to be with us to guide us, to teach us, to protect us. All we have to do is ask.


Just as that glove did not force itself on me, neither will God force Himself on us. However, He is ready and waiting, just a simple call away. Will you practice putting Him on this week?

Psalm 73:25-26  Whom have I in heaven but you?
   And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
   but God is the strength of my heart
   and my portion forever.


Comments

Greg Brooks said…
Gosh, why is it so difficult to remember that?

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!