What's the Hurry?


What’s wrong with people? Why are they so impatient? Why do they feel so entitled? Can’t they just enjoy being in the moment? What’s the hurry?
My two flights were not connecting and the wonderful agent was helping me get my bag connected through to my final destination in our small Eagle Airport.

When I walked up to the counter to check in, there was no one in sight, so the agent in the priority lane offered to assist, but after a few minutes of locating all of the information for my itinerary, a couple walked up and were distressed over having to wait to get their bags checked in. The man proceeded to make all kinds of comments about having to wait so long…maybe 3 minutes.
What was in in such a hurry for? Was it so he could go and wait in the security line? Or perhaps it was to wait at the gate? Or maybe it was to wait on the plane for takeoff?
I wondered how he was feeling after all of the delays and then to top it off, we were ready for takeoff when the pilot came on and announced one more delay, a repair had to be made to the cargo door.

Had he grumbled through the morning instead of enjoying the beauty around him? How would his day have been different if he had just chosen to look at the sunshine beaming on the mountains instead of complaining?

And then I began wondering how often have I acted the same way? Impatient at the trivial things in life, instead of enjoying the blessings that surround us everywhere.

Lord when distractions and interruptions come my way, help me to shift my focus to You instead of complaining.

Colossians 5:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

By the way, I don’t know what happened to the man when we arrived at DFW Airport, but I have a feeling he wasn’t happy there either as numerous flights were cancelled, luggage was lost and abundant crowds were everywhere.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!