In the Moment


It was a glorious summer morning—cool and crisp with not a cloud in the sky, a perfect day for a morning hike. So off to the Avon to Singletree Connector trail I strode. Praise and worship music was chosen for my walk with the Lord.
Meet with Me, Majesty, and Lord Most High set the tone for the hike, but as I climbed higher and saw the wonder of my surroundings I became overcome with emotions. The beauty of the earth pointed to the goodness of God.

Alone in a quiet spot, gazing across the valley toward Arrowhead, the song I Worship You Almighty God began playing. I stopped, closed my eyes, and raised my hands in praise of my Heavenly Father.
In the stillness of the moment, I felt movement and opened my eyes to an oncoming pair of bikers. My first thought was, “I wonder what they think I was doing,” but I quickly dispelled the message in my mind and hoped that they knew that they had come upon holy ground for I was meeting with God in that moment.

Psalm 96:9 Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth.

www.hearthope.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!