What Kind of Weekend Did You Have?



My coworker ended the last email on Friday afternoon with the phrase, "Have a god weekend."

I chuckled as I read the words because I knew that she meant for me to have a “good” weekend. The insertion of god for good had to be an accident because prior to this time I had never heard her use the word God except as part of an exclamation when upset or frustrated.
But the more I thought about the mistake the more I liked the idea. What would a God weekend look like? Would it be like a good weekend or would it be better than normal?

I thought I would give it a try. Friday night is usually movie night for my husband and me, but instead we had a delightful evening with another Christian couple. It was great being able to share fellowship as a gift from God.

Saturday morning is typically a time for me to have extended quiet time, since I don’t have to get up running. I figured that would be a nice part of the God weekend to keep...I know I need it and I thought it was probably what God wanted too. A usual Saturday afternoon can be very diverse with time being spent with friends, working out at the gym, time enjoying the outdoors, getting household chores taken care of, or time with my husband. What would God want to happen on this God weekend? When I asked my husband he thought skiing might be nice after all he hadn't been in over 5 years due to knee problems. So off we went to enjoy a glorious afternoon at Beaver Creek basking in God's creation. God's plans for late afternoon involved a couple of hours spent with a new mentee, just getting to know each other so we can grow together in the Lord.

Sunday of course included church. It also provided a much needed workout at the gym, a quick cleanup of the house for a prospective buyer to come and take a look for the third time.

I've decide that I kind of like this God weekend. It was filled with fun, fellowship, rest, refreshment and productivity. Why don't I always include God in my plans? Is it because I'm selfish and self-centered or is it that I often just don't stop and think? Whatever the case I'm going to try and make every weekend a God weekend and then I think it will automatically be a good one too.

This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

www.hearthope.org

Comments

therealbarbie said…
So nice to read your post. Sure wish I could go skiing with you. Hope you are doing great! And that every day can be God day... For I need Him too.

Barb
xo

Popular posts from this blog

Bavarian Cream Pie

Mount of the Holy Cross

My Latest Award!