Why was I jumping out of a perfectly good airplane? My bucket List, of course. I had always wanted to sky dive and didn't want to be as old as Bush 41 when I did it. My life was in the hands of a complete stranger. Oh yes, I met him just minutes before being strapped together with him to jump out of an airplane. So how did I come to grips with it? Research had been done to ensure that I was going to the best facility with quality and qualified people who would be in charge. The reputation was there. Check. Another factor was having people with me for support and encouragement. Check. Upon meeting my instructor, Mike, there was a tinge of disappointment. The others were young and fit, mine was older and not as fit, but he quickly won me over by trying to scare me. I didn't budge in my dedication to take the leap, but came right back with rebuttals to his comments. That seemed to be the turning point and he decided to make it the event of a lifetime for me. ...
I have a confession to make. The thing I am going to tell you can be very difficult to admit in certain situations because you never know how people will react. Although it is something that I am proud of, it is not well received by all people, or in every circumstance. Having grown up in the Deep South, it was a commonly accepted and even expected thing, but as I have moved to different places I have found it can be viewed as offensive and even unacceptable. You see I am a Christian—Jesus Christ has saved me from the penalty of my sins. Our country that was founded on Christian principles has been so afraid that we are going to offend people who are of other cultures and other faiths that I have been made to feel like there is something wrong with my faith. When cities prohibit nativity scenes in the town square at Christmas or the 10 commandments cannot be displayed in court of law or when teachers in some cities cannot wear crosses in the classroom, I feel discriminated against....
2 eggs 1/8 t salt 3/4 c scalded milk 1 c whipping cream 1 T gelatin 1/4 c cold water 1/2 c sugar 1 t vanilla Chocolate crumb crust Beat sugar and egg yolks. Then add milk and scald until it sticks to the spoon, stirring constantly. Let gelatin and cold water soak until dissolved, then add to milk and let cool. Whip cream and egg whites separately and then mix together. Mix cream and egg mixture to the milk that has been cooled. Add vanilla to mixture. When this begins to congeal, pour into chocolate crumb crust. Put into refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Sprinkle crushed crumbs over the top before serving. www.hearthope.org
Comments